View Single Post
Old 07-27-08, 10:19 PM
Gas.Face

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thank you all for the advice. So far I think I'm leaning more towards signing on with Aeon unless of course I can find a way to get on at Berlitz. For location i would definitely prefer to live in one of the bigger cities (Tokyo or Osaka), mainly because it will be easier to adapt with the language barrier and the access to transit would leave me feeling entirely isolated. I'm definitely not naive to the soullessness of a big chain school like Aeon and have read plenty of horror stories from my recent research but the consensus seems to be that those companies regardless of how evil offer an easier chance to get your foot in the door rather than a rewarding work experience. As long as I have the opportunity to live in and experience Japan with a little bit of stability while at the same time avoiding another Canadian winter I should be more than happy. I guess I have little to know expectations since I haven't yet left Canada but I think thats the best way to go about it. I do fully intend to learn Japanese, Conversational anyways. Learning to read or write Kanji (sp?) might be beyond my abilities right now. Anyways, thanks again for all the advice and perspective.