j0nshaw
A Fin

Bikes: Fantom Cross CX

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by thomson
Jonathan, try not to use the rear brake so hard. If it goes into a skid, you are braking too hard. Not only will it ruin a tire quickly but your stopping distance is increased.
Yes sir! *salutes*

Originally Posted by Indolent58
To prevent locking up the rear wheel in the future you need Campagnolo Differential Skeleton Brakes that feature a dual pivot brake in the front for stopping power and a single pivot brake on the rear for easy modulation of braking power.

Of course, neither the Campy brakes nor Shimano brifters have a quick release so you have to pair them with Campy Ergo shifters. This in turn requires Campy derailleurs and cassette for compatibility reasons.

So getting back to wheels, yes, you will need ones with a compatible freehub.

Hmm. I just noticed that you have a cyclocross frame. In order to use the short reach road brakes you will need a regular road frame.

Once you do all of this, I suggest that in the future you buy tires online from PBK. It will save you a lot of money over the LBS.
Wow-- what a post! I'm not good at estimates, but I'm guessing all that will cost as much/more than what my bike is worth . In the end there, you said I'll need a regular road frame. So...that means I should just start from scratch and build up a road bike I'm guessing? I think I should go vulture out a frame to start such a build--

Not sure if the LBS would have 'cross tires, but here's hoping.

Thanks for all the input again. Always helping out when I hit a snag in cycling. Keeps me motivated to continue riding-

-Jonathan