View Single Post
Old 07-29-08, 03:29 PM
Erick L
Lentement mais sûrement

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
I bought a 52cm a few weeks ago and changed the bars for a Nitto Noodle 46cm. I think 44cm might have been enough (and cheaper). Narrow bars were a big problem with my other bike. I really like the flat part behind the hood on the Noodles. I also added Paul Thumbies. They're great but interfere with handlebar bag brackets. I won't use a bar bag anyway since I added a Surly front rack. The front rack is really nice, very ajustable. Jandd makes an alu model that is lighter and cheaper. I think the rear rack is too heavy for no reason. I already had a tubus Logo. A Tubus Cargo would be my choice for a new rack. I also changed the saddle for a Brooks B17. Pedals are SPD 545 and fenders are SKS P50. I though of changing the small ring for a 24T but I'll live with the 26T for now. I also added one Topeak cage for standard 1.5L water bottles. I just changed the tires for Marathons XR because I'll have a short part of my next trip on a rough road but I went overboard with the 2.0". Boy are they slow!

I *really* like the bike. It has surpassed my expectations.