Matt888
Stop It!

Bikes: Ferrari, Euro sport, Wheeler.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Parsnip
Rofl, how can you possibly argue that a bora/ghibli is faster than a 1080/sub9.

If its completley useless in the real world, which wheels would you have run in that TT if money was no object? A pair of ksyriums? that table shows they are horrible in the wind tunnel, but that means nothing in the real world...

Firstly, I didn't argue one was faster than the other, you did as evidenced by the use of the graph, read my post again.
Secondly, that graph is hardly that convincing. It compares an 05 Bora to a 07 808. Niether of those wheels are the ones used in the initial arguement. The graph also indicates that these are the differences in watts absorbed at 50kph. Not taking into account the power out put needed of the rider to achieve this speed. So I'm assuming (don't fry me for the assumtion), that these tests are done on a jig so the test is identical for each wheel, yes? So the ammount of variables you experience out on the road cannot be taken into account. The bora would be superior in a cross wind for example, as it's only 50mm, this does not reflect build quality, more the choice of the individual. I'm just saying that even going off what the graph says the diffence is too small to make a huge difference anyway, especially considering there was indeed a strong cross wind on the day of the TT in question. Both Zipp and Campy make a good wheel and using one or the other is not going to make the difference between winning and loosing a race. Thats where my marketers dream comment came from. Otherwise the whole peleton would be on the best product so no advantage was lost. If you want to know what I would choose if money was no object. Well I'd have both and use them as I saw fit. I certainly won't be blaiming my equipment when I don't get results though. I'll get back on the bike and train harder instead.