krazygluon
Mad scientist w/a wrench

Bikes: none working atm

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by nymtber
I really like my Specialized Alias saddle. no unnecessary padding, flat where it should be, has made my cycling much more comfortable. I got an older model on clearance from specialized for $40. I dont think id try it without cycling shorts, however!

The brooks look nice to me, but only if they were going on a vintage bike, or a steel framed touring bike. Not something I would personally put on a modern day road bike. Maybe im just weird
Well, you could do what I did and chop & lace your B17...mind you thats still a decision I ultimately regret, but it is a choice of many.

My issue with brooks+road bikes is that the geometry of a brooks, even after a chop job just doesn't suit a heavy person riding aero.

I've been trying all kinds of tilt and forward/backward adjustments along with saddle height, and just can't find something that works with my drop bars.

I'm really thinking of going to some kind of fit clinic anyway though, because I was messing with my saddle tilt yesterday and realized that to get my saddle up high enough for the length of my legs, my saddle is now 2-3 inches above the top of my bars...I think I need a stem riser here so that the bars are up high enough to keep me from uncomfortably bending my wrists just to get into the drops.