View Single Post
Old 11-07-04, 06:11 PM
mirona
I can't find my pants

Bikes: 07 Specialized Langster Comp,06 Kona King Zing, 06 Specialized Rockhopper Pro Disc; 03 LOOK KG461;(destroyed by suv); 85 Panasonic Team America; 73 Peugeot U0-8; 94 Balance Super B BMX; 04 Diamondback Outlook MTB, Diamondback DBR DH

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Well I made my own bicycle bag out of some canvas and cardboard for support. Just had to break the bike down enough to meet measurements specified by the airlines. Took off bars, seat, wheels, and pedals. I put it on as regular luggage.

Now for the questions:

1) Twice

2) (d) other. First time I was moving to Phoenix. The second time I was moving back to Mass.

3) $0, US Airways.

4) First time they just threw it on without asking. Second time I had my camo duffel with me. The guy at the counter asked if I was in the army. I told him Marines (kinda true. long story), and I was heading back home. He said he was supposed to charge me for the bike but he'd throw it on anyway.

I think it's best when there's curbside check-in. They tend to move a little faster and don't spend a lot of time checking out your bags.

Oh yea, absolutely no damage. So with my limited experience, I'd say US Airways is pretty good.