View Single Post
Old 07-30-08, 04:15 PM
varuscelli
The Fenix Shillboy

Bikes: Raleigh F500 mountain bike and an exceptionally old (mid-60's) Schwinn Collegiate 5-speed.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by speedlever
Less than 5 miles into the ride, a car turned right in front of me at a point where I had just glanced down. I looked up to see something large and brown right in front of me and slammed on the brakes. But it was too late to stop and I glanced off the side of the car scraping down the right rear door with my handlebars and getting a nice big mouse on my right forearm, but I kept the bike upright. No apparent damage to the bike that I could find, but it sorta shook me up. Shook up the driver too. They called later after my ride to check up on me. I think I'll run the bike by the LBS and let them take a look for any hidden damage that may have occurred. Whew... that was a close one.
Whew, I'm just glad you're mostly OK after the incident (hoping that you're mostly OK except for the big mouse). But I bet you're right in that if the Fenix had been going in strobe mode they most likely would have noticed you coming. You can never guarantee it, but still...