Thread: New To Touring
View Single Post
Old 07-30-08, 09:27 PM
jamse

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
thecrunge: thx for the extra things to bring, might not get the fenders cause im on a tight budget, only paid 94bonars for the plane tickets (thx to the miles my parents dont know they have) i think i want a bivvy sack cause it will be lighter than a tent. I've already plotted out the path im going for the first two destinations malmo and aarhus, but need to figure out the third.

Krafcik: well i plan to space things out my malmo trip will be my first which is only 60miles, then my aarhus trip (~200miles), these are just my single day trips and denmark is def alot less hilly than south west missouri :/ the good thing about aarhus trip is my gf mom lives there and my gf is working in odense which is half way between kobenhavn and aarhus, so she could just meet me there and then i could try to ride back the next day to kobenhavn, when she has to go back to work.

rsattuluri: hopefully ill be alright.
im only 21, ive been training pretty hard lately, took a break from 17th-26th while my gf was here to visit me. but my usual schedule 3days a week of soccer (football) for 1.5-2hrs (agility for 45mins), 2mile run 3days a week, and interval runs once a week 100m, 200m, 400m, 200m, 100m for 3 miles. then gym for 45mins hard 4 times week, and power cleaning two days. then i try to ride ~100 miles a week, since i got my bike a month ago, by doing a few 30mile rides then a full 60mile ride or back to back days of 40miles. this last sun-mon i knocked my 60mi pace to 3.5hrs from 4hrs, though coming back took me 4hrs 20min

but i set my itinerary up in a progressive manner so hopefully ill def be ready for the ~600mile trip during the end, but then again you might be right that im aiming too high to fast :/

Last edited by jamse; 07-30-08 at 09:35 PM.