Old 07-31-08, 12:29 PM
bdinger
Chubby super biker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by lil brown bat
All the notes about diet and overtraining and whatsis might be on the money...but when brains start acting weird, I think it's time for an ER trip, because you could have something serious going wrong. A friend of a co-worker recently displayed signs of confusion and disorientation at work, and one of the first things they evaluated her for was stroke. Scary thought, I know, and not the most likely scenario, but with something like stroke or another cerebrovascular accident, rapid intervention is critical. In your situation, I would not be making phone calls or appointments, I would be going to the hospital.
I actually just stopped and saw his nurse - my doc is out today - because they were worried about just that. She did some stuff, and it appears it wasn't a stroke or anything outwardly worrisome - all my numbers appear decent. Tomorrow the doc is going to check me out, and do some bloodwork to determine what is going on.

As a sidenote, I've kind of been on a eating frenzy and am starting to feel better. Breakfast - 310 calories of oatmeal. Snack - 190 calories of granola bar. Lunch 1 - 320 calorie wrap (turkey, cheese, tortilla). Lunch 2 - 400 calories of rice and Tuna. That puts me already at 1220 calories for the day, hrm, think my body is trying to tell me something?

She did say if the symptoms deteriorate, or if I have any dizziness/headache to go straight to the ER.