View Single Post
Old 08-01-08, 04:33 PM
justinb

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by RideLots
I have a set of neuvation R-28sl5 Wheels, which I'm putting on my (nearly) complete CX Build. And I spent 30 minutes yesterday WRESTLING to get the bead on. It simply wouldn't go. For the record, I'm a pretty experienced mechanic and tried everything but the tire and rim just won't love eachother.

I'm looking for any recomendations on a 30-32 tire that might fit. I've heard Maxxis tires are a little easier to mount but was hoping for some first-hand info. I'll be using this for training and racing in Colorado. Thanks.

The offending tire was a Kenda Kwick 30c.
As the owner of 2 different sets of Neuvations (R28sl2 and M28Aero), I'll agree that some tires can be challenging to mount. I've never had anything that bad, though. The R28s have never had anything other than Conti road tires mounted to them, so I can't offer specific advice there, but I've had good luck mounting everything from Michelin Jets to Speedmax to Panaracer CinderX (personal fave) on the M28's. The Excavaders were a little tight, but everything else was fine. I think the Kenda was probably just as much to blame as the rim.