77midget
me ride bike good

Bikes: Trek 4300; Trek 1.5

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by deraltekluge
You really shouldn't try to lose weight with a "low" or "high" anything diet. The key is reduced total quantities, but in balance. When you use an unbalanced diet to try to lose weight rapidly, you're risking your health as well as setting yourself up to gain it all back again once you stop the diet.
+1 for truth. I have tried the low carb, low fat, low etc, diets, and they all work for a time. I always found that the problem was getting off of them. By reducing the amount of food in a balanced amount, and eating better, I think that you set yourself up for a more sustainable future.

For the past month, for example, I am running a calorie ratio of 48% carb, 21% protein, 26% fat (less than 10% saturated, mostly mono unsat and poly unsat), and <5% misc like alcohol and stuff. I would like to increase the protein a bit by trading off some fat, but so far it is working.

However, I am averaging only 1900+ calories a day, and am not eating chips, and no soda, or any HFCS (high fructose corn syrup). I am trying to eat as much whole/unprocessed as possible.

This more balanced approach, with exercise, is working MUCH better than anything else. Is the weight flying off? 18lbs so far. Not as fast as other methods, but my diet structure is sustainable-I won't need to change anything or worry about what is on the list or not. Exercise?CHECK!! I love biking now-I commute every, or nearly every, day, and incorporate the riding into othe activities like coffee, short errands, etc. I am saving a bunch of money too, though bike repairs just ate into that a bit.

Just my .02.......