Old 08-02-08, 08:25 AM
dekindy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by trekker pete
http://www.amazon.com/Planet-Bike-Bl.../dp/B000KBEH1W

I am going to be needing a tail blinkie REAL soon as my morning commute is now starting in pretty dim light. I will be needing "see me" headlighting with some stretches of dark road where I will need "see" lighting.

I was looking to pick up a PBSF and found this deal. Sounds pretty good.

I will also be adding some sort of helmet lighting. I am considering a fenix or ultrafire flashlight. Are these helmet mountable? I know they tend to run hot and was wondering if that is an issue with mounting on a helmet.
The PBSF is an excellent choice. A Fenix mounted with a twofisk lockblock or bikeblock, the one you need will depend upon the orientation of your helmet vents. Post the type of helmet that you have and someone might be able to give you guidance.

No heat issues with the Fenix so don't worry about it. You are riding and it is air cooled anyway. All high powered bicycle lights caution against leaving the highest setting on for long periods of time with ventilation. Apparently flashlight cautions are the same way.

BTW, if I only had one forward light I would mount it on the helmet so I can see where I am looking and it is up higher for visibility.