View Single Post
Old 08-02-08, 01:20 PM
ronbo

Bikes: Cilo 12 speed road bike w/shimano 105 and tange #1 double butted frame,fork and stays...Schwinn criss cross, modified to climb off road..currently treaded for the katy trail.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Today, on the Katy trail....

I saw a 6 point buck in the velvet! I came over a slight rise and gradual curve and there he was, standing broadside in the trail a couple hundred feet off. I was going 19 mph...a little fast for the trail maybe, I don't know. I got pretty close before he realized I was nearly on him. Beautiful.

Todays ride was very good. I had fun most of the ride, improved my cadence, average speed and number of miles a little. Each is a small number, but a pretty good percentage for gradual improvement without injury. My heartrate is beginning to drop a little at key points I set on the trail to check it. There are some sections I am using to do this using the same gear, speed, distance, etc. I have stop points to actually get off the bike and check pulse. Today, I skipped all of these but two today, meaning I can actually ride longer without feeling the need to check myself (meaning keep myself in check). These points I am using for my own safety because of how I know I am. Today was the most relaxing ride even though everything is improved. Part of this is the outside temperature and humidity. That's why I decided to ride, even though I work 12 hours tonight. Just wanted to share...off to shower and nap.

God bless!

-Ron