View Single Post
Old 08-02-08, 01:40 PM
ronbo

Bikes: Cilo 12 speed road bike w/shimano 105 and tange #1 double butted frame,fork and stays...Schwinn criss cross, modified to climb off road..currently treaded for the katy trail.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thick is the right word! The trail goes right through town. That particualr stretch is a necessary evil for me...no shade...too many crossing streets. Today I experimented with some side streets with trees. Much better. Once you get out of town to the west, over by the state fairgounds there is a parking area you could park at and ride west to avoid all that. More shade to the west too. So far, I've only ventured 4.5 miles from that spot I told you about, but the difference in ride quality is pretty dramatic. That is also where the equestrian trail starts to the west. It's okay, but I prefer the road or real singletrack. I like the convenience for now since I'm getting back in condition. I wouldn't call it scenic, except for that one deer. I've seen pictures at the katy depot of the trail along the missouri river...that looks pretty nice!

God bless!

-Ron