ruirui
need to go out and ride..

Bikes: 2011 Scott Addict R1, 2014 Redline Conquest Team, 2015 BMC TMR02

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bolo Grubb
I have a both a mazda protege 5 hatchback and a honda civic hatchback. Both have the plastic spoiler w/brakelight at the top of the hatch.

Does anyone know of a good bike rack that will work well with both of these cars? My bike will fit inside the mazda but does not leave any room for anything else in the back. There is even less room in the honda.

I have a very limited budget, but if a rack for the hatch does not exist then I may start looking at a hitch mount.

Neither car has a roof rack and I do not want a roof rack.

Thank you
Bolo.. i wish i had a hatchback. that's my favorite car.. from 1996-2000 model.
anyway.. go with a hitch mount. i have it on my car. u can see the link under my sig. the reason why i suggest a hitch is because, like u, i have a civic and the metal used for the trunk is not very hard, so to speak.

before i got the hitch, i got the yakima mojoe. it's held on there by 6 straps with hooks. i used it 3 times before i returned it back to REI for a full refund. the hooks lifted up my trunk. it kinda bent my trunk in some areas... which i had the dealer fixed for free.

another thing was when i go from my house to the lbs.. (15 miles drive) by the time i got there.. 2 of the hooks were loose and good thing my bike didn't fall off. even the managers at REI tried to make it tight on there.. and when i would drive it around the block with my bike on it.. it still came undone.

so bottom line is.. spend the extra money.. get a hitch mount.. and u'll be so rest assured that ur bike will still be there when you get from point A to B.

rui