Old 08-02-08, 11:55 PM
Tex_Arcana
Lone Star

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The Half Century Half Century (Houston)

Okay, On 8/28/08 I will be 50 years old. On 8/27/08 (that's a Wednesday) I'll be riding a 49.53 mile self supported fun ride from the Walter Branch Library at 7660 Clarewood (corner of Clarewood and Fondren) near my home (close to Sharpstown) going by mostly bike routes to Terry Hershey and George Bush Parks. It's meant just for fun and includes a stop for a pint on the return leg. The only thing I could think of that might make it more fun is maybe meeting up with some BF members.

I know the Wednesday thing makes it hard for a lot of participation, and don't really expect a lot of folks to come. Just thought I'd throw the invitation out there. I'll be at the library parking lot around 6ish in the a.m. and leave not much later then 7:00 a.m. to take advantage of what passes for cool morning temps in Houston.

I chose the library location to include car-free folks like me. The library is on the 25 Sharpstown and 82 Sharpstown bus routes and very close to Bellaire and Fondren. Of course throwing your bike on the bus racks will mean getting up real early. PM me and I'll give contact information before the ride so we can wait if you're going to be just a little late.

Last edited by Tex_Arcana; 08-06-08 at 10:21 AM. Reason: added info and corrected info