Old 08-03-08, 10:35 PM
Artkansas 
Pedaled too far.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Glad to see that I'm not the only old codger who appreciates things like "Pineapple Express".

I understand the concern about the bike. There is one Midnight Oil concert that cost me a dear bike. It was a beater locked with heavy chains at a corner with 4 cops. I walked home swinging the chain should anyone be fool enough to tangle with me as mad as I was.

I'd say that if it is fear of the taxi cost dissuading you, then go, if just to really face your fears. If you have a car, then maybe that's the solution.

In a more general answer to your title, I find that I'm somewhat reluctant to do networking things like Chamber of Commerce mixers because of bicycling. It takes so long to cool down that the mixer is almost over by the time that I'm cool and collected. I also find that I am reluctant to start a group such as a peer group of animators because of all the equipment needed to run such a meeting, and even though I have a trailer, I hesitate because of my fears that the road might dish out abuse to things like computer projectors.

Originally Posted by Bjforrestal
I don't care if you are on a unicycle, as long as you're not using a motor to get places you get props from me. We're here to support each other. Share ideas, and motivate one another to actually keep doing it.