rustguard
bike wannabee

Bikes: road, mountain, tourer, and spares

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ryeguy
Has anyone had experience with this? I bought a new bike ($700) and accessories ($250) from my LBS 2 weeks ago. I paid MRSP for everything and appreciated their time spent fitting me to the bike and recommending safety gear (commuter bike).

The problem is the shop just announced they are closing! My bike is now $100 less and the accessories are all 20%+ off. I've also just lost the 1 year no-cost adjustments promised with my new bike (local cost is about $50). They are still providing the fitting service for new purchases, so my decision to buy 2 weeks ago instead of today has cost me at least $150.

I've been extremely polite with the LBS, but I'm thinking they should at least try to make some accomodations for the discounts and loss of service. This is not to mention the loss of their advocacy for me in the event I need warrentee assistance. They state that the decision to close was sudden and there is nothing they can do.

I'm happy with my bike, but this experience has really given LBS's in general a bad name. This is one example of where you may be better going to an online vendor or chain store.
business is business charity is charity, Murphy's law- you always find a cheaper price after you purchase no matter how hard you look.

perhaps you can lobby to have their business closed down?