Old 11-09-04, 04:59 AM
LittlePixel
Raleigh20 PugFixie, Merc

Bikes: 1982 Raleigh Twenty Hotrod Fixie; 1984 Peugeot Premier Fixie, 2007 Merc Lightweight folder

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by cheg
Try a MAXXIS Hookworm. They are great, though odd looking with a skinny back tire. What the heck, it's going to be odd looking regardless of the tires.
Maybe. I think until i'm happy with everything I'll run it on two of the same rims for stability; the one on the back is a diamondback economy alloy rim and I have a second one on order.

Does HED make 20" disk wheels? :-]
Now that would be a wheel!
What are the wheels on the Dahon Continental? They look pretty light and cool

Don't cut it until you determine how high the bars are going to be. You can always use spacers. You don't have to thread the steerer if it's that long, you could go with a threadless headset.
The steerer is already threaded so I'm having to go for a threaded headset and quill stem - which actually arrived yesterday.

I have thought about using a double in the front but I cannot figure out how to route and secure a cable the frame to operate it. Any ideas on that?
You have a front deraileur as a chain guide though don't you? I've not looked into it properly but I'm sure there must be a way. There are lots of self adhesive/cable tie based cable routers that might be of help in getting the cable to it... If I do it I'll need a chain tensioner myself.

Nothing wrong with a drum brake, but I think the stock rear brake is OK, and it has enough adjustment to work with both 406 and 451 wheels.
True. I like the clean look of the stays with no clutter though...

When you get this going, send us more pictures.
Will do for sure!