Part of the furniture

Bikes: Specialized RH, Scott Unitrack

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
New fork and rear shock for an SX.

Hi all,

I am trying to add more punch for trail/dh/fr usage on my Enduro SX 03/04. Currently i am running a 2003 Z1dropoff ETA fork with SSVF damping and QR dropouts. The rear shock is a Vanilla R 6.75" i2i , 1.75" stroke. Compression ratio on the linkage is 2.6-1 with stock linkage.

My ideas,

To get a Z1FR1 2005 with 150mm, HSCV damping and 20mm TA dropouts in order to increase my confidence and subsequently performance on steep descents and landings.

Optionally to install a BETD linkage plate that boosts up compression ratio from 2.6-1 to 3-1 hence giving out 5.25" of rear travel.

Optionally Optionally... to be able to find a rear shock with 2" stroke that has a reasonable i2i (max 7") so that in conjunction with the BETD plates i ll be getting 6" of rear travel. ( i am unaware of someone that produces a 2" stroke shock with an i2i of 7" or less)

Buying a new bike is not an option, and a bigger bike (demo8) would be useless where i live without a car (SW England). I got enough trouble hauling an mtb on the trailhead from where i live, i dont want to carry more, plus i really like the rear end and the SX in general. My problems lie in the front of the bike, but some extra punch at the rear would be also wellcome though not essential.

Thanks in advance for your input.
Yannis

BTW sorry that i was away from bikeforums for so long.... slap me at will