View Single Post
Old 05-11-02, 12:42 PM
Oxymoron
Poky

Bikes: 1999/2000 Rans Rocket - red, of course, and a forest green 2001 Specialized Expedition w/ 2" slicks, fenders and Jaand baskets

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
We had two stores that were really good--but of course they went out of business. Of the two that are left one is mainly for mountain bikers and the other is for racers. The mt. bike store sells on commission, which makes the sales people really annoying, and they don't sell any accessories. The racer store employees treat anyone who is not a regular (ie: a racer) like they're dumb as a rock. I may only be a commuter, but I've been riding a long time. Granted I don't know as much as a mechanic, but they don't need to be so condescending. It wasn't until I spent $100 there that the owner quit acting like I was wasting his time. Now he just acts minorly annoyed--I'm sorry I don't buy a new bike eveytime I come in. Of course the other half dozen employees don't know me, so I have to start over with each one. They have lots of good commuter gear, but they seem to forget that I can buy all that stuff off the internet if I want. And I'm getting to that point. I would also like to learn to overhaul a bike so I don't have to put up with them. These people forget they're running a business. I'm a very friendly person and really into cyclist's rights, and it actually kind of hurts my feelings that I'm not considered "good" enough to even be polite to. The drivers hate me, and the local cyclists won't have me--you guys are my only friends, boo hoo!