Old 11-09-04, 03:25 PM
Portis
Banned.

Bikes: Trek 4300 X 2. Trek 1000, Trek 6000

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I haven't gotten that necessarily from fat people but i have gotten a lot of discouraging remarks from people in the last 2 years i have been thin. (dieting and exercising) It really pizzes me off. At my grandma's funeral i saw a lot of people i haven't seen in years. Several of them had the nerve to tell me i needed to eat more and one even told me i needed to "lift weights."

It was a blizzard outside and everyone was wearing coats and covering clothing. How the heck did they know what my body even looked like? They just knew i didn't look like any of them. THankfully summer came around and some of those same people got to wear swimwear around me. Guess What.....nobody had much to say on that day.

I have learned to not talk about my bike riding and low fat lifestyle. People act supportive with their comments but usually throw a negative comment or to in to make sure you don't think they are envious.

Some comments i have heard....

"I wish that was all i had to do..." (too busy watching TV)

"I wish my shedule would allow me to exercise that much." (it would if you would cut out the couch time and get out of bed before the sun like i do.)

"You're going to blow away." (nah, i'm not worried, there will always be some fat ass like you to grab on to.")

"You're crazy." (yeah i know. Following a Doctor's advice by eating right and exercising is crazy. As opposed to sitting on the couch and eating donuts all day!")

"I'm gonna live my life while i'm alive. Give me another cheeseburger." (Eating cheeseburgers is 'living life?"

"I hope nobody runs over you on that bike." (And i hope an 18 wheeler doesn't T-bone you in your car on the way to work in the morning.")

and on and on....