View Single Post
Old 08-06-08, 07:11 PM
ksyrius

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Nosaj4268
but I've had a few incidents where my foot has popped out while attempting to skid.
this is the primary reason i dont ride clipless. Even if you switch to another brand/style your inevitably gonna have this problem.

Originally Posted by Nosaj4268
P.S. I don't have breaks on my fixie, so I need secure pedals, and I can never seem to get my feet in toe clips.
this happens to everyone at first, but after a couple of days youll get it.

as for a pedal setup, you really cant go wrong with MKS. I just got some sylvans for my budget bike, and ive got some royal nuevo's on my other bike.

as for toe clips, i would also recommend MKS, make sure you get the steel ones not the aluminums. Dont mess around with the soma's i didnt like them, i found them really annoying and uncomfortable.

As for straps, if you can afford it, splurge on some proper double straps, they will last alot longer, and if set up properly, will feel as/more secure then your clipless shoes. I'd recommend the Errebi sprint doubles (70$) which come with a matching doublizer. But toshi, mks, and kashimax all make sweet double straps.

but if you dont want to spend the money on those doubles, i would just get nylons and run them with a doublizer. I actually made a set out of an old blackberry cellphone case for one of my bikes and they work pretty good.

here is my setup