View Single Post
Old 08-08-08, 12:06 PM
andrelam

Bikes: Gerry Fisher Nirvana, LeMond Buenos Aires

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
You need to reach out to Lou at www.foxwear.net.

I had problems with the shell I was using last Winter. I'd arrive at work and the inside would be completely wet. I'd be so wet and clamy from the sweat... not nice. I bought the EVap coat from Lou and LOVE it. The coat is made of a fleece material that is very wind resistant yet lets moisture pass through it. The sides are made of a lighter even more breathable material. I NEVER get clammy in this coat. The material can shed moisture like you would not believe. The material is not 100% water proof, but it work sine in a light rain, and kept me comfy during an ice storm. The sleet was so severee that I have covered in 1/4" layer of ice when I got home, yet I stayed comfortable and warm. That coat keeps me comfy from around 15F to 50F without the need for a shell. I did have to put on the Shell once the temps got much lower than 15F. Once you get much about 50F the coat is just too warm.

You can look at either getting a Vest, the EVap Lite or the regular EVap. The temps here tend to swing quickly from warm to cold in the Fall, and in Spring the reverse happens. Therefore I just got a light vest and the EVap coat. This Fall I am definitely getting the Rain Pants as reviewed by the ICE bike site.

Lou was very friendly and helpful when I called him. He discussed with me the temperatures I'd be riding in, the available fabric that he had in stock and what would work well for me. He also asked what size I normally wear and how it fit. The coat arrived in a week. Where else can you get custom made clothing for such a reasonable price. Sure the is no fancy lable on the coat, but this is 100% hand made made in the USA by someone who realy cares about his customers.

Happy riding,
André