View Single Post
Old 08-08-08, 05:51 PM
FixedDrinks

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
IRO Mark V vs Mark V Pro HT angle???

IRO upgrade fever has struck....Saw that IRO has got a Mark V Pro up on their new site again-wasn't that model discont. for the Angus a couple years ago? Has anyone ridden this new reynolds 631 version and can compare it to the older Mark V std with the teardrop shaped tubing? From what I can tell from the website specs it looks like the 2 frames have identical geometry, but I gave Tony a call and he said that the front end is tighter on the MVP-sounded like he was talking about not only the fork rake but the head tube angle as well, said I may have some toe overlap compared to my old MV. Hmmm, the specs on the web site make it look like the MV and the MVP have identical HT angles???? Can anyone confirm this?

Anyway I am going to upgrade the stock fork anyway to a 43mm rake Interloc IRC lugged crmo fork. My MV has been great fun to ride and l the fit of the 59cm, so i'd like to pimp and lighten up-with better quality and more classic looking tubing, lighter steel fork, and a new set of Open Pro/Formula wheels. I just want to make sure before I order a new MVP frame, that its going to give me a very similar ride quality as my old frame, and that if I replace the stock tighter rake fork with a more roadie 43mm it'll ride ok.

Last edited by FixedDrinks; 08-08-08 at 06:42 PM.