View Single Post
Old 08-11-08, 12:07 AM
mrhogghead

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Motobecane Messenger

OK, here is the deal. I know there is a ton of stuff on here about these bikes and about BD in general. However, a portion of it is nothing but flame posts. Quite frankly, I am tired of picking through it. If all you are going to do is flame BD or the bikes they sell (including the messenger). Please do not respond to this post. What I am looking for is feedback from those that actually own and ride these bikes, specificly, the Motobecane Messenger. It has all of the things that I am looking for in an entry level ss/fg. It will be used mostly for commuting and pulling a child trailer around on the local bike path. How do they compare to the Raleigh Rush Hour, Schwinn Madison, or the Specialized Langster? Witch in all likelyhood, are manufactured in the same factory. For me, the price is right on the messenger. I have a garage full of bikes, anything from an old JMC BMX bike to my beloved 07 Specialized Tarmac Pro. What I do not have is an dedicated commuter. For what it is worth, I have been seriously cycling for 25 years and while I do have a good relationship with my LBS. They can not approach BD's prices. I think that Mike and the crew at Bikes Direct should be commended for selling good quality bikes for reasonable prices. Thanks in advanced for not flaming and for any feedback from those who own or have ridden these bikes.