Chuvak
Advertise here!

Bikes: 2002 Allez A1xx SE

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Daily Commute
Bottom line: The prices at Performance are cheap. They have to cut corners to make it work on those margins. If you absolutely need something tomorrow, pay full price and buy it from an LBS where it is in stock. Performance will get you what you ordered or they will refund your money, even if a snafu sometimes delays the process.
aw, thanks for the bottom line …………………..and yes it’s bald, very bald….

Originally Posted by Maj.Taylor
As one who has worked (i.e., research and consulting) a great deal in customer service, I agree that such a mistake is almost unforgivable. I'm on your side. That simply should not happen. And unfortunately, they're apparently not smart enough to make it up to you by giving you something for their mistake and your disappointment. (I've journals of research to back up this position.) I'm not saying they should give you the product for free now, but a $20 coupon or an something equivalent would very likely have you forgive them, right? And, that $20 "expense" guarantees them a customer that will return far more than $20 to their coffers. (In fact, research shows when this happens, the customer is happier and more loyal than if a mistake was never made.)

Now, how about some advice on handling this next time it happens? You should not have asked for a refund. Instead, you should have asked them to make it up to you by doing something extra. The policy of many firms today is to do nothing if the customer says nothing. On the other hand, they'll bend over backwards for the customer that demands better service. For example, I just love it when my phone company screws up, especially when I have DSL problems. If I say nothing about poor service quality, they'll do nothing.

However, as a professional in this field I know better. When they screw up, I always ask what they are going to do to make it up to me. Doing that, I have paid for only 6 out of 10 months of DSL service this year. I don't even have to argue with them. All I have to do is remind them I have been inconvenienced and deserve either better service or not be expected to pay for poor service. It works every time. This has always been the favorite lecture of the semester in one of my classes. Students always come back completely shocked that I've told them only the truth. (And should you have doubts about this, I can provide references. There is one Business Week article from a couple of years ago that spills all the beans. Don't complain; expect nothing. Complain; get what you want.)
Tank you Taylor for a good advice. I’ll be sure to copy/save your answer fro my future troubles with companies