Old 08-12-08, 04:42 PM
kwrides

Bikes: 2007 Orbea Onix, 2007 Windsor The Hour, 2008 Kona Jake

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ksyrium Equipes vs ALEX AT-450

I recently ordered a 2008 Kona Jake that comes with ALEX AT-450 wheels. I have read a few negative things about these wheels on the forums.

I'm currently commuting on a Windsor the Hour singlespeed with 32 spoke wheels and a backpack and haven't had any problems with spokes breaking.

On the Jake, I will be commuting with 10-20 pounds in a pannier and I weigh between 190-200 depending on when you ask me. I am a bit worried that these new wheels will be breaking spokes. I have a set of Ksyrium Equipes sitting around that were a takeoff from a road bike that I put ES's on. I LOVE my ES's. I have many miles on them and they have never gone out of true, so I am inclined to try the Equipes.

Considering the commute with up to 220 pounds on the bike, would I be better off with the Equipes, the ALEX's, or should I maybe sell the Equipes and ALEX's on ebay to get something built? I don't want to sell because I want to ride the new bike immediately, but neither the Equipes or ALEX's have ever been used, so if I need to sell them, it would be nice to sell them brand new!

What do you think?