View Single Post
Old 08-12-08, 05:31 PM
Zan

Bikes: Road: Trek 1.5 (2007). Mountain: Santa Cruz Chameleon (2008). Beater: Peugeot Recorde du Monde (1850)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
okay, okay, how do you guys do it?

I'm not a great rider. To some, i'm not even "good." However, i do ride, and i ride regularly. i'm faster and stronger (at biking) than any of my friends.

Anyways...

How do you fellow riders pedal around in your high gears? I find when i'm off the road on my SC Chameleon I can't get out of my small chain ring (22T). Using my 22T chain ring and my 11 - 34 cassette, i can access every ratio i need to on the trails.

even when i'm on the road, i don't really need to go any higher than my 22-11 ratio.

i can ride around on my middle chain ring (32) on the trails as well, but sometimes have to drop to the 22T for some slopes.

i almost never touch the 44T ring, not even on the roads.

how do you guys do it? i asked the guys at my LBS about removing chain rings and the guy i regularly deal with asked me why i was removing it; that little guys like me crank them and go speedy fast.

now i'm thinking of removing the 44t and 32t ring 'cause i don't need them and the 44t ring catches on fallen trees.

would riding on my kenda nevegal 2.35" tires be the cause of my slowness? what is it? how do you guys do it?