Old 08-12-08, 09:37 PM
Wogster

Bikes: Old Bike: 1975 Raleigh Delta, New Bike: 2004 Norco Bushpilot

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Stujoe
I tightened everything up as far as cranks and chainrings, pedals. Pretty much everything that could be turned by al allen wrench, screwdriver or crescent wrench got checked for tightness.

I don't have a bottom bracket tool otherwise I would try that. Not even sure what kind I would need for that type of BB.

Maybe I will get lucky when I take it in and it will just need to be regreased and tightened. I will keep my fingers crossed because on MTBR.com, a lot of the reviews said it failed after a year and/or 1000 miles with the same sounds I am hearing.
One thing you should do, is contact the manufacturer of the crank, see if they have a special warranty or replacement program on this part. There were, when the splined cranks first came out, some where they used smaller then normal bearings, and they had problems with faster wear. The solution was the newer external bearing bottom brackets and cranks, which might be the way to go, if you like the splined interface. The question then is whether it changes the chainline or not.....