Old 08-19-08, 10:41 AM
wkc1986

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Help me get handlebars for my Trek Soho S?

Recently I found an almost-new Trek Soho S single-speed for cheapish. I ride it freewheel. It came with Bontrager Crowbar Race Lite risers, which I want to switch out, since I feel they are wider than I need and I can't get low on them. Right now I am leaning towards a bullhorn handlebar, and using my current stem, and both of my current inline levers on the flats.

The trouble is, Trekbikes.com isn't very informative as to the parts specs. As far as I can tell, the current handlebar is 31.8" clamp, but the stem is the capped type (though it only has 2 screws) and there seems to be some space under the cap, so maybe it will take a smaller diameter bar as well?

I also can't figure out what model the levers are ("Tektro alloy" says the website) and what kind of bars they'll fit on. I know they fit the current one...

So basically, I'm looking for a bullhorn that is:

1. cheap, like the bike itself
2. light, like the bike itself
3. flat, more or less
4. sized to fit my current stem and levers
5. black, like the bike itself. OK, any color is fine actually as long as the bars are good, I'll just tape it all up in black.

Of course, if anyone has any ideas why I SHOULDN'T use this configuration ("put the brakes on the ends" "get bar end levers" "get drops and road levers"...) please tell me as well. This is the first bike I've owned for daily transportation as well as the first one I've "hacked" into, so I'm open to any and all ideas.

Thanks!