Old 08-20-08, 03:27 PM
Abneycat
Hooligan

Location: Base of the Rocky Mountains, Canada. Wonderous things!

Bikes: 2010 Cannondale Hooligan 3

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by LittlePixel
They're one of those 'stitch in time saves nine' parts. A bit pricey but will last forever. You won't regret the purchase for sure. Let us know how the upgrade goes - doing much else to the wee Twenty?
Considering how horrible removing the cotters was, i'm going to make sure its worth it to change over by picking up a really nice track crank for starts.. Had to drill the cotters twice, and blowtorch the cranks to an extreme heat to get the cotters to respond to any pressure at all. Pretty intense operation it was.

In the near future upgrades don't include anything exotic, just a switch to an aluminum front wheel, an overhaul and disposables refresh (new pads, cables, etc), some cork grips, and my B17 Imperial. I work at a bike co-op, and all of the replacement parts mentioned are already owned or easily accessed.

Down the road, the SRAM I-motion 9 or the DualDrive if i'm up for re spacing the frame, a SA XRF8 if not. Possibly going with the Sturmey archer dynamo/drum brake combo for the front wheel. Its a pretty exciting project, actually. I had a Dahon MuP8 before, but i'm enjoying the nicer ride of the Twenty, and probably won't miss the weight or small fold for what its needed for.