Old 08-20-08, 03:32 PM
celerystalksme
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FlowerBlossom
Be careful. That could be a scam. Direct deposit into someone else's bank account is very risky business---you could lose your money.

Craigslist gives a warning of other forms that are very risky. I'd read it carefully and do some research before doing this. A bike isn't worth the headache/heartache this could cause.
i found the bike via craigslist. started emailing the guy. and when it got to the point of payment, i brought up escrow.com for my safety. he said he was unwilling to go through a third party service and preferred direct bank transfer. (red flags go up in my head IMMEDIATELY!!!!!)

so i said to him i just don't feel safe about that. i asked if it'd be ok if i could arrange local pickup via another party. and then have that third party pay on my behalf (of course i'd give that person the money up front)...and take delivery of the bike...and i'd arrange shipping with the local third party.

he was open to that. which makes me think he might not be a scam. the problem is...the whole third party local pickup thing was me bluffing to out him on his scam (i thought he wouldn't go for it). i don't know anyone in washington like i told him! he basically called my bluff, whether he knew it or not!

so yeah...i'm looking for a trustworthy third party...i'd send that person the money in any form they wish. and i'd have that person correspond with the seller. after this third party takes delivery of the bike, i'd arrange shipping to michigan with this person. and i'd pay a little extra for the trouble (not sure how much that should be).

ANY funny business the seller tries to engage in, and the deal is off. like he asks for a different price...or whatever. then the third party would return my money to me...and i'd probably still throw in some money for the trouble.

any brave souls willing to take this mission? lol