View Single Post
Old 05-15-02, 12:04 PM
b_rider

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Chalk one up for recumbent riders!

Went to my LBS during lunch to get a copy of club ride schedule. The recumbent expert asked if me and my Vision wanted to be in the newspaper. I said sure and asked the details. He gave me the name and numbers of the guy I needed to contact. Right when I was ready to leave the guy called and talked to me there at the LBS. The guy I talked to on the phone is not writting the article for the paper but another 'bent rider. He has a LWB Tour Easy. But they need a SWB 'bent for the article.

After talking with the 'bent expert at the LBS he was told I could possibly do it. So tonight we meet with the guy from the paper so he can take pictures of us riding our 'bents and we will be interviewed for the article. The article will run sometime toward the end of the month from what I understand.

So fellow 'bent riders heres one for us. An article in the paper at least in my area for now. Contact your local newspaper maybe the same can happen in your area too.

Our local newspaper is called The Sioux City Journal. I know they are going to run it in the paper, but they also might run it on their web site. If they do I will post a link to it when the article runs.

Its amazing the things you find out and volunteer for when you walk into your LBS, huh?