View Single Post
Old 08-20-08, 11:06 PM
bigun83

Bikes: 2007 Scott S50 Speedster and a 2004 Schwinn Frontier

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks for all of the suggestions and information guys. I really appreciate it! After speaking more with my LBS(yesterday) they recommended that I wait until I get around 260-280 before I go with a road bike, unless I want to spend more money on upgrading to a bigger wheelset like Sun Rhyno Lite. I think I'm going to stick with my mtb for right now until I drop a few more pounds. It'll be extra incentive for me to get to "road bike status." Since I'm going to stick with my old and abused mtb I'm going to have to replace my back wheel because it can't be trued up(due to a couple of crashes and wear and tear) and is constantly rubbing the brakes.

One more thing... What's everyone's opinion on getting a road bike with dual shifters vs. single shifter /thumb shifter? Is it worth the extra $ to get the dual shifters or would I be just as happy with the cheaper option. The only thing I can compare it to now is that I am using a single shift now with my mtb and seem to do fine. LBS said that I would really enjoy the dual shifter because you can shift through more gears without having to single click for each gear and that this comes in handy on the road. Any opinions? Thanks!!!