Old 08-21-08, 04:43 PM
cooleric1234

Bikes: CAAD9-1, Windsor Cliff 29er

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by captsven
I am 6'5' and 190lbs also. I ride 25mm conti ulltra gatorskins for long distance rides and my 8 mile commute. I get a few flats but thats bicycling. I think you might be disappointed with 28mm tires.

After reading you comments I would suggest, if you have any kind of bicycle mechanic skills, that you convert an old road bike to a fixed gear. It sounds like you want to buy new but if you have the time and ability, I think you are the perfect candidate for a conversion.
Thanks for the input, I may consider that. I put a 700x25 on my rear tire and we'll see what happens. I may just be having bad luck lately. I went years without a flat in Ohio but I've had like 5-6 in the last month here. Some of that was my fault as I didn't change the tube properly.

I know this information is probably all over the place, but for conversion kits all I see are a single cog with spacers. Don't I need something to keep the chain tensioned? These kits are relatively inexpensive, but I thought it was a pricey endeavor. Am I wrong?