Old 08-21-08, 09:03 PM
lukasz

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Name: Campus Bicycle
Comments:

I'm nominating this place because of how friendly and helpful the staff are. I've never bought anything costing more than $30 at this place but always get treated in a courteous and friendly manner. Maybe they understand that I'm not one of the local high-salary professionals, or maybe they're just really cool. Either way, don't hesitate to drop by. Whenever I am out on LI and need something right away (or need to buy something that won't break the bank even with LBS pricing) I try to give them my business - such a breath of fresh air compared to every bicycle shop I've visited in NYC so far, and most of their local competitors. Don't know about purchasing bikes there. I know they are on of those Trek-sponsored places but I think I have seen other brand bikes as well.

I'm also fairly sure that they have at least one really good mechanic here. I've asked him for advice numerous times and he always has an intelligent answer. They also always have a number of awesome machines hanging in the rafters that are in for repair so they must be doing something right.