Thread: Me Too
View Single Post
Old 04-25-01, 09:47 AM
HogWild
High cholesterol

Bikes: Bikes: Trek 730, Panasonic Dx-1000, Giant Cypress, Specialized Crossroads (wife's)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm pretty happy with my Cypress so far. It's their hybrid (comfort cross) line. I figured my old fat body needed the bicycling equivalent of a La-Z-Boy recliner (I also have a Honda Goldwing - same theory).

I've found a couple of things though - I've got a little over 180 miles on it (don't laugh - my mileage is increasing every day) and it seems to me like the shifter cable has stretched some. It's a little touchy shifting in the middle range (4th, 5th and 6th). Also, I think the front wheel is a bit out of true (probably from hitting potholes). Still, I expected that sort of stuff - a new bike needs to settle in. I'm also still experimenting to find the perfect handlebar position.

Fortunately, my LBS (Bike Pro of San Angelo - great folks, by the way) has unlimited service for the first year after purchase, so if I can stay off it long enough to take it in, I'm sure they can re-adjust things. I think it was very well set up when I first got it.

All in all, I'm a happy commuter!

carl

(Raymond: I'm there, buddy!)