View Single Post
Old 05-15-02, 05:31 PM
Inkwolf
Grounded

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I e-mailed the news channel asking for more info and whether the clip was available to view online. Here's their answer--I haven't found any video on the net yet, though. Too bad...

Hello Colette! Thanks for watching NewsChannel Five. We got the video from a feed system that shares national and international video. It's a paid service for television stations. However, I think with some internet searching, and the script I'm supplying below, you should be able to find something out there.Thanks again for watching...and good luck!

ErinWFRV-TV

Date: 5/14/2002
Story Slug: Great Video
Title: Cyclist Accident
Dateline: Cerro Negro, XX, Nicaragua
Format: NATSND
Length: 2:10
Source: RTVInformation:

French cyclist Eric Barone was injured when he spun out of control during an attempt to break his own record at Cerro Negro, a sand-covered volcano in the northern Nicaragua.

French cyclist Eric Barone was left injured on Sunday (May 12)
after attempting to break his own speed record while riding downNicaragua's Cerro Negro volcano.

Barone, who broke the world speed record for mountain biking in November 4, 2001, returned to Cerro Negro in hopes of breaking his own record.

Seconds into his descent, Barone's bicycle snapped in two, hurtling the cyclist down the volcano.

"It looked as if there was a rock or something in the path that
made the bicycle break in two," said one of Barone's assistants.

In 2001, Barone flew down the black slopes of Cerro Negro Volcano in Nicaragua at 130.43 kilometers per hour, exceeding his own old world record of 118 kilometers per hour, achieved in Hawaii in 1999.

According to members of Barone's team, the cyclist will be held for observation in a Nicaraguan hospital for at least five days. There were no immediate reports to the extent of the cyclist's injuries.