View Single Post
Old 08-23-08, 01:33 PM
oldride

Bikes: 91 Specialized Sirrus, 96 Gary Fischer, 08 Specialized Roubaix Elite, 2010 Specialized Tricross Sport

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Another new Randonee owner!

I just returned home from REI with a new Randonee. With the end of season sale price of $749.00 I couldn't resist. I had been looking at the Randonee for awhile and sat on (but didn't test ride) a 55cm back in June. I knew they would go on sale eventually but couldn't be sure they would have a 55cm when they did go on sale. Anyway I called the nearest REI store (75mi one way) yesterday to see if they had a 55cm in stock and to confirm the sale price. The REI guy said they had 2 in stock. So I drove there this morning and luckily they still had one left. I did a 20 minute test ride and then bought it. Nice ride!

This bike is everything I wanted for a really good price. The mechanic checked it out and I took it with me. The only thing I'm not sure of is the adjustable stem. It's a little longer than I prefer but of course it can be changed. This bike feels rock solid and I did try some Detours panniers on it. It does have 3 bottle cages and 2 spare spokes mounted on the chain stay.

I'll take it out for a 25 mile ride shortly, which will give me a better idea of adjustments needed.

REI (Mpls flagship store) was good to deal with but they were not very helpful with the stem issue. But all in all I'm a happy customer and looking forward to a couple short trips in Sept.