View Single Post
Old 11-16-04, 07:19 AM
Evo

Bikes: GT aggressor

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
dkinaev I don't think you realise just how inferior that bike is! I see hundreds of those bikes virtually every school kid has one to ride to school and back his parent probably got it from a supermarket whilst buying washing up powder, they sell them at my local supermarket from £80.
I HATE those bikes so much because they are a con, the bikes have virtually no off road potential and they only put the FAKE suspension on them to make them more appealing to suckers who have no idea about bikes (sorry no offence intended).
And as for looking after the suspension or servicing as you put it you CAN'T its not real! the fork is simply a tube with a spring in and maybe just maybe some rubber to kinda damp things, the forks seals will never break/wear out and oil will never leak from the forks because the forks have no oil or seal's (spring in a tube thats all it is!). And as for the rear pivot PLASTIC! and the rear shock again just a simple spring maybe just maybe the can is sealed so you get some form of air damping but that will leak out pretty quick, the rear shock is most likly friction damped which is like 1905 technology. DO NOT CONFUSE THAT BIKE WITH ANY OTHER PROPER MOUNTAIN BIKE!
And as for that bike looking like new in 2 years time like the ad say FORGET it! it will probably be siezed up and useless.

I recently tried to sell my custom built hardtail which had handbuilt wheels, hydrualic brakes, all aftermarket parts and quality Marzocchi Bomber forks for £650 but he said he wanted a decent full suspension bike and bought a carbon copy of this one http://unitedbike.biz/hunter.htm for £450 except his had rear supension! spec otherwise the same.

I really hate those cheapy FAKE FS bikes

Marc