apricissimus 
L T X B O M P F A N S R

Bikes: Bianchi Volpe, Bianchi San Jose, Redline 925

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1641 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by I-Like-To-Bike
Life is good because I rode yesterday, and today, and will ride itomorrow and in the future and not give a fig if I ride "better" or not. Neither commuting nor recreational riding has to be a training or competitive event. I am not riding to compete with myself or anybody else. I'd recommend the OP consider that approach to his own cycling. Fun cycling does not require setting goals.
You're quite right, setting goals is not necessary to have fun. And I know I do tend to be hard on myself, and be a bit too competitive sometimes. It's funny though... I get no satisfaction when I'm a stronger or faster cyclist than someone else, but I do feel inferior sometimes around cyclist who are stronger and faster than I am. Not always, but it happens. That's a personality trait of mine that could probably use a little work.

Still though, it is pretty satisfying to become fitter and faster. Not to mention fun. I just need to find the right balance.

Edit: I also just want to mention that even though I may get bummed out that sometimes, cycling is still one of the greatest joys in my life, and I have fun every time I go out and ride

Last edited by apricissimus; 08-26-08 at 05:36 PM.