Old 08-26-08, 06:26 PM
Nigeyy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Of course it can be different for different people, but I almost gave up on my Nashbar trekking bars; I just couldn't get comfortable with them. However, then I changed them to another bike, and combined with the right amount of rise and a long stem length, I love them now.

I put them on the way they are supposed to be installed, with the bar sides angled inward (like traditional bar ends), and the top bars angled down as you look at them from the front of the bike. Your mileage may vary of course, but I'd say persevere as I've found they are worth it. Having said that, I found the setup to be very sensitive, the most of any handlebars I've used.

Originally Posted by LongarmBiker
I recently installed trekking bars on my LHT. I'm having a heck of a time dialing them in for comfort. I currently have them set up with the straight bar ends toward me. I put a longer stem on to avoid that short cockpit! I'm still having hand issues though. Is there a right or wrong way to but these bars on? Or is it just what works best for me? LAB