Old 08-26-08, 11:54 PM
Artkansas 
Pedaled too far.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Robert Foster
Should the government look into the addictive properties of Bike lube? Maybe I just have a more addictive personality than some people but looking at the N+1 rule, whatever that is, I believe bikes are addicting.

It is indeed surprising that Harry J. Anslinger overlooked the addictive properties of bike lube when he was working to make his name as the first drug czar in the 1930's and instead chose to pursue that innocent source of rope and sails, hemp.

Certainly, the killer lube was around even then. All sorts of bikes existed to desire N+1, racing bikes, cruisers, even tandems, recumbents and alt bikes. BMX and Mountain Bikes were not officially with us, but by that time, people had been doing 1900 mile cross country rides for over 40 years.

Of course, now we have bicycle lube that is far stronger that anyone ever imagined back then. The problem has gotten worse, especially since the invention of the carbon-fiber bike. We must protect our children!

It's high time that the government created a large industry designed to stifle trade in illegal bicycle lube, employ thousands of people to keep bicycle lube from entering our borders and send hundreds of thousands of people (called bicyclists) to prison because of their addictive bicycling habits. Further, we must create eduction programs designed to warn children of the dangers of bicycling. That is the only sane way to deal with the problem.

Long live the War on Bicycles!

Originally Posted by Bjforrestal
I don't care if you are on a unicycle, as long as you're not using a motor to get places you get props from me. We're here to support each other. Share ideas, and motivate one another to actually keep doing it.

Last edited by Artkansas; 08-27-08 at 12:00 AM.