View Single Post
Old 08-27-08, 12:38 PM
joe_5700
CAT4

Bikes: 2009 Cervélo S1, 2009 Felt F75, 2010 Cannondale Synapse Carbon 5, 2011 Cannondale CAADx, 2011 Specialized Transition Elite

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
First flat in 20 years

Well, I was not riding a bike for most of that time either. No flats all last year and up until last night. I did a short 5 mile ride and didn't notice anything as far as a flat. I park my bike by the beer fridge in the garage and saw that the rear tire was completely flat about an hour later. I recently bought a patch kit and tubes to have on standby because I knew it would only be a matter of time. I almost "wanted" a flat to practice on again. When I was younger you either knew how to patch tubes or you didn't get to ride to your friends houses. It was my only form of transportation. Asking Mom and Dad to drop you off at a friends house was unheard of. Anyways, I had not patched a tube in a long time and wondered what my chances were of success. After quickly looking over the flat tire, I saw what looked like a small pin in the tire. After pulling the tire and getting to the tube, I could easily see the small puncture. I followed the directions to a T of course letting the glue completely dry. I used those black and orange patches commonly found at an LBS. I tested my work in the sink...no bubbles. I tested the tire pressure today over lunch and it has not lost any air....I still got it.