View Single Post
Old 08-29-08, 07:41 AM
stapfam
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Doesn't matter which bike for saddle fit- they are all the same. Height and fore and aft position in relationship to the pedals is the same. On the 3 road bikes- I have two different crank lengths- but that saddle position is still the same.

Then there is reach to the bars. The road bikes from the sit part of the saddle to the centre of the bars are all within 5 mm of each other. Different top tube lengths- but different length stems to accomodate them

But Bar height-- Vastly different. The OCR and the bars are level with the saddle. The TCR and bars are 2" below the saddle and Boreas is 3" difference. I do not feel any difference between the TCR and Boreas other than after about 60 miles and I find that Boreas may require me to start riding on the top of the bars a bit more to ease the backache. I rarely ride the OCR as I keep that as a loaner bike but to me that bike is not as good a ride as it used to be.

Spike Milligan