mtv8dmarine
Time Trialist & Duathlete

Bikes: Custom built road bike & custom built TT bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Some advice needed and open invitation

September 13th myself and two friends will be riding from the Amtrak station near Anaheim Stadium to San Diego. We're looking to make it a century ride. I've been riding for a year and a half and have never done one. I know PCH can be a stunning drive, so I imagine on bike, at slower speeds it's even better. We're going to start at the Anaheim Amtrak station, head over to the Santa Ana River Trail and hit PCH. I'd like to say we'll average 18 or so. I'm certainly not really wanting to crank out 20 mph speeds over 100 miles...more just a decent ride with friends and no drops.

My invitation to join is open to everyone that wants to and can hold 18ish mph. I know I'm new on here but figured it was the friendly thing to do and perhaps meet some new faces.

My questions are:

A. What's a good convenient place to hit the Amtrak to head back up considering our desired mileage without heading into downtown SD?

B. I'm also looking for bike friendly places to eat along the way. I'm thinking maybe 3/4 of the way there or after we're completely done but not at the Amtrak station yet.

C. Is there anything about the PCH route that I would want to know about prior to heading out that I wouldn't know having not ridden it before? i.e. sketchy parts with traffic or anything else to keep an eye on.

For those maybe interested in joining, we haven't settled on a start time yet. I'm thinking 8ish but will post back here if anyone seems interested.

Thanks a lot!