View Single Post
Old 09-02-08, 01:40 PM
varuscelli
The Fenix Shillboy

Bikes: Raleigh F500 mountain bike and an exceptionally old (mid-60's) Schwinn Collegiate 5-speed.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by westsam
I absolutely have no problem with the "fenix" flashlight mount. I have both the lockblock and the flashlight mount. the lockblock on my helmet and the flashlight mount on my bars. I have had both for about 3 month and to be honest i like the flashlight mount a little better. In fact i feel my L2Dq5 is a little more secure mounted in the flashlight mount.

That's cool to hear, westsam. I might end up having to get one of those if for nothing more than to satisfy my curiosity as to how well they work.

On of the things that concerns me that's been difficult for me to confirm visually is the size of the Fenix mount relative to a lockblock. I get the impression that the flashlight mount is a bit bulky (perhaps being as much as twice as wide as a lockblock).

Is anyone out there in a position to do a photo or two of a Fenix bike flashlight mount and a lockblock side by side on a handlebar?

Or, can you point me to a thread or other place where I might see that comparison?

I did find these photos from www.fenixtactical.com to be pretty revealing, though...and in a positive way related to alternate placement (but also looking pretty "big" as far as taking up handlebar real estate):