Old 09-03-08, 08:19 PM
Evans224

Bikes: Specialized S-Works Roubaix, Santa Cruz Blur, Co-Motion Nor'wester Tour

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My question exactly!

Really, it's been on my mind a lot recently. You see, I have been an avid golfer most of my life. I started playing at 12 years old, and except for a year or so when I was in my twenties, I've always played a minimum of twice a month. At my best, i would consistently shoot in the 70's, and my handicap was 6.2. This required that I play twice a week and practice at home and at the range. Don't get me wrong, I loved it. But as I got older, the time commitment got a bit much, too many people on the course, etc. Plus it's getting very expensive. I live in NorCal, and the average round at a public course is about $35, more on the weekends. A few years ago, I started riding again to lose some weight and get in shape, and I was hooked. I started riding a Trek beater and am now on a Specialized S-Works Roubaix. I try to ride 3 times a week, get in the gym twice a week, and don't have much time for anything else. I hit some balls at the range the other day, but I wasn't into it at all. I'm an all or nothing type. If I'm going to play, I've got to do all of it.