Socalcycling
drop you like a potato

Bikes: MERCKX, RIDLEY CROSS

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mtv8dmarine
When we ran it back in June for the 20k, nothing was wrong. I don't know if it was something that affected the 40k route specifically or what. Jennifer just said that they had to cancel because there was some bridge washout that had to be fixed. We haven't had rain like that anywhere near the time frame of the July cancellation so I'm thinking that it WAS either the 40k route was bunged up, or they had to do some other construction nearby to fix something and it involved digging up and redoing a section of road.

My g/f lives up in Canyon Country so I could have driven there on my weekend turns up at her house to see what exactly the deal might have been but it was never really worth the gas or time to find out. I guess us I'll find out Sunday when I'm on-course.

I just only got into TTing a few months before June's Piru. I previously had done bike portions of the Bonelli trialthlons while a buddy swam and ran. So it equated to a TT for me. I've only ridden Piru once, and like any first couple times on a course, you're just trying to get the course down, shift points, etc. Yeah the rolling hills are a drag but I don't mind it when it's all said and done. I detest them like the devil when I'm doing them though!

I'll be interested to get out to Tom's Farm, Santiago Cyn, and Fiesta to learn those courses too since I haven't done any of them yet.
UH? The 20k and 40K are the same course. There is a small bridge just under 2 miles from the start that had some damage. The road was fine until they started making repairs to it. I think the road was fine when they were working on it. All someone would have needed to do would be to brush off some rocks and they could have had the TT's.